Northeast fee waiver | 16JUL18Last Updated: 7/17/2018 9:30 AM ET
Travel agents click here.
Due to the forecasted impact of Northeast summer storms, we will waive change/cancel fees and fare differences for customers traveling Tuesday, July 17, 2018 to/from the following cities:
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- New York, NY (JFK)
- New York, NY (LGA)
- Newark, NJ (EWR)
- Newburgh, NY (SWF)
- White Plains, NY (HPN)
All customers traveling to/from the airports listed above are encouraged to check the status of their flight online prior to leaving for the airport. Customers may also check the status of their flight at mobile.jetblue.com.
Customers may rebook their flights for travel through Friday, July 20, 2018 online in the ‘Manage your flight’ section of jetblue.com or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. Customers with cancelled flights may also opt for a refund to the original form of payment. Original travel must have been booked on or before Monday, July 16, 2018.
New and updated TSA security screening proceduresLast Updated: 7/17/2018 9:30 AM ET
Please be advised of the following new and updated screening procedures for carry-on bags, issued by the Department of Homeland Security/Transportation Security Administration (DHS/TSA).
For all domestic and international travel, the following items must be removed from carry-on bags and placed into separate bins for X-ray screening:
- Electronics larger than a cell phone
- Liquids – please note that the 3-1-1 rule still applies
- Food and snacks, including any type of food or drink in powdered form
Personal electronic devices on international flights
Personal electronic devices (PEDs) larger than a cell phone are required to be removed from carry-on bags for flights traveling to the United States from international destinations.
While customers are still allowed to bring personal electronic devices on board, increased and extensive security screenings that may include interviews will be conducted in accordance with this mandated DHS/TSA security directive.
Powders on international flights
Customers traveling to the United States from international destinations may be subject to additional screening if carrying powders.
Effective as of June 30, 2018, new security measures now limit the quantity of substances in powder form in the aircraft cabin. As a general rule, a customer will not be allowed to carry on powders in a quantity exceeding that of a typical soda can (350ML/12 Fluid OZ). To avoid having these items taken during security screening, it is recommended that all powders be placed in checked bags.
There are some exceptions, including baby formula, prescribed medications, and crematory containers. For more information, please visit the DHS website.
Remember, 1 under + 1 up!
You can carry on 2 bags max! One (1) item that fits under the seat in front of you—like a purse, daypack, laptop bag or pet carrier—plus one (1) approved carry-on that fits in the overhead bin (space permitting). Click here for details about our carry-on and checked bag policy.
All customers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early and allow extra time for travel due to the increased security screening. Please be sure to check the status of your flight online or via the JetBlue app prior to arriving at the airport. For airport information, including check-in times and terminal information, click here.
Emotional Support Animal (ESAN) policy updateLast Updated: 7/17/2018 9:30 AM ET
We want to let our JetBlue customers know of some changes to our Emotional Support Animal Policy effective as of July 1, 2018.
Following are some of the highlights of the policy changes:
- Customers will submit documentation at least 48 hours before travel.
- JetBlue must be notified of emotional support animal travel and receive documentation no less than 48 hours prior to departure
- Three forms of documentation will now be required:
- Veterinary Health Form
- Medical/Mental Health Professional Form
- Confirmation of Animal Behavior Form
- Each customer will only be allowed to travel with one Emotional Support Animal
- Acceptable emotional support and psychiatric service animals are limited to dogs, cats, and miniature horses
- Customers that have indicated they are traveling with an Emotional Support Animal will be sent an email with instructions on submitting documentation.
For more detailed information, please click on the following link: https://www.jetblue.com/at-the-airport/special-assistance/service-dogs-animals/
Please be advised that our JetBlue Service Animal policy is not changing.
JFK parking discountsLast Updated: 7/17/2018 9:30 AM ET
In order to alleviate congestion in JetBlue’s Terminal 5 (yellow) parking garage, the PANYNJ is offering daily discounts in alternate locations.
JFK parking options:
- Terminal 5 (yellow) garage: $39 standard rate per day
- Terminal 7 (orange) garage: $23 discounted rate per day, through September 8, 2018 with coupon only; free AirTrain to Terminal 5
- Terminal 8 (red) garage: $23 discounted rate per day, through January 8, 2018 with coupon only; free AirTrain to Terminal 5
- Long-term lot: $18 standard rate per day and $6 each 8-hour period or part thereof over the first 24 hours; free AirTrain to Terminal 5
Please note that the printed coupon must be provided to the parking attendant upon exiting to take advantage of the available discounts.
Construction at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)Last Updated: 7/17/2018 9:30 AM ET
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is in the process of a significant construction project, which is slated to add a new terminal and improve security in Terminals B/C. JetBlue operates out of Terminal B.
During the construction, customers can expect the following impact:
- Increased roadway congestion and lane closures in front of Terminals B/C
- Shuttle and rideshare services have been relocated on the Ticketing level of Terminals B/C
- Taxis and personal vehicles only will be allowed to pick up/drop off on the Baggage level
- Curbside doors 2 and 5 to Ticketing/Check-In will be closed. Enter and exit the Ticketing lobby using doors 1, 3, 4, and 6.
To avoid delays, consider using Metrorail service or use the Terminal garages for pick up and drop off as they are outside the construction zone.
For the latest construction updates visit flyreagan.com/ProjectJourney.